Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Shoes shoes shoes

I hate hate hate that once you slap the word "wedding" on it, everything costs 200% more. Take shoes for instance. Initial shoe shopping on wedding websites and zappos produced shoes that were upwards of $50 and sometimes up into the $200 range for a simple white shoe!

Now...I don't wear white shoes. Ever. So whatever shoes I buy for my wedding I will probably only wear them once. Once I got over the "need the perfect shoe for my special princess day" inclination, shoe criteria became:

A) does it fit? i have very wide feet that that is usually where my foot pains stem from.
B) white or silver in color
C) can i stand wearing them for 8 hrs straight
D) less than $100

Now that last one seems ridiculous to me, but it seems people only make white shoes for one reason: weddings, and they know they've got you cornered on that matter.

So here's what I've come up with:

Payless Shoe Store: Unforgettable Moments - Audrey ($25)
White slingback peep toe with a 3" heel (link)

Surprisingly comfortable for a 3" heel and the peep toe doesn't dig into the sides of my toes. It also comes in a wide width on the website, but the size 8 actually fit okay.





Payless Shoe Store: Fioni - Kayley Dress Sandal ($20)
White dress sandal with a 3" heel (link)

I haven't actually tried these on, but they are only $20 AND they come in a wide width!








Zappos.com: Vaneli - Modesta ($74)
White dress sandal with a 2.5" heel (link)

I ordered the 8W and they fit alright and are a low enough heel that I could easily deal with it. The strappy-ness makes me think that I would have an easier time wearing these shoes with other outfits...maybe. These also come in an 8WW, which I might try, especially with Zappos free shipping and free returns.


There are many many other shoes that I found on the web...but you know what, i'm tired of looking. They're just shoes and on the wedding day, our guests are there to see us get married and no one's going to care what shoes I'm wearing....least of all me.

1 comment:

  1. Some of the bridal shoes are shared was amazing and I hope the engaged people will like it. The brides have to choose the shoes that match with her bridal dress. Then only look elegant at the wedding ceremony. For searching the best vendors nearby area, the wedding planner iPhone apps will useful for the wedding planning people.

    ReplyDelete